About the writer

My photo
I have a beautiful granddaughter who was born with Down syndrome. She has enough challenges to face in her life and I want to make sure that finding appropriately fitting clothes will not be one of them.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recovering from the Trip

So as Sunday night nearly comes to an end, I pull in the driveway of my home about 10:30 pm anxious to see my husband. I knew it was late but I had so much to tell him. I was wide awake and still on China time.

I was greeted by my husband with lots of hugs…it was nice to be home! I couldn’t wait to tell him all about my trip. Of course, the pictures were the easiest way to share my adventure. So, I opened my laptop and whipped out all 450 photos! Poor guy, it was late and I was wide awake. While on the plane ride home I had edited and prepared my photos, so they were all ready to go. We sat up for a while and looked through all my photos and I explained the many highlights of the trip.

We finally got to bed, but sleep was impossible. So I got back up, worked on my journal and caught up on some bills. When I finally fell asleep about 4:00 am it didn’t last very long, only a few hours. At that point I decided I would try to stay up all day and then get a good night’s sleep.

Monday morning my mother came by and I had shared the events of my trip with her as she was anxious to hear every detail. It was good to see her again. Of course, the laundry was calling my name. I was completely exhausted but I managed to get through the day and finally fell into bed very early that night.

I returned to work on Tuesday, but still had not recovered. I was just not right. I felt disoriented and out of sorts. I even took a nap at lunch which I would never normally do. I finally got through the day and then headed for the gym. I certainly could use a good work out. The rest of week was not much better. I was very, very tired every day. This jetlag thing must be a real thing because it really kicked my butt. We had a long weekend to look forward to because of the Labor Day holiday, so I hoped I could catch up with my rest with an extra day off.

Well, it’s now Tuesday and I’ve been home over a week. Where has the time gone? Today was a much better day and I think I’m finally recovering from my trip. I’ve given this a lot of thought and I’ve decided that I am going to blog my story about how Downs Designs got started. I think my blog page is the perfect place for me to share this incredible journey I’ve been on since I began creating Downs Designs. So many wonderful things have happened in my life since this idea was just a thought in my head. I’ve said all along, that none of this has anything to do with me. I think I’m just a vessel that’s been chosen to help people with Down syndrome have some options in their wardrobe choices and help them with the struggles of appropriately fitting clothes.

So, if you care to follow my story, I’ll find the time to share it with whoever wants to know. It’s been an amazing process that has taken me to another place in my life. It’s changed me as a person and given me a special purpose in my life. I’m 61 years old…I should be slowing down and thinking about doing less, but that is not the case. I’m busier than ever and loving every minute…Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment